Welcome to the Torrey Schoolhouse
A Seasonal Bed and Breakfast open from April 1 through Oct.31
Distinctive Features and Amenities:
- Newly renovated 1914 schoolhouse, with elegant hardwood floors, beadboard and lath-&-plaster walls, period fixtures and lighting, and comfortable period furnishings and decor
- Spectacular views of red rock formations and/or green mountain peaks in upper rooms
- Walking distance from the town park, gift shops, general store, art galleries, and 2 of our 5 award-winning restaurants
- Full baths, air conditioning, (and hair dryers) in each room
- Comfy beds have Tempur-Pedic* 12" memory-foam mattresses or 3" toppers
- Shiatsu-massaging recliners (incl. leg massage) in each room
- Full, hot, organic breakfast served "family-style" each morning at 8:30. (Vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options available upon request)
- Service Rooms on each floor offer guests a kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, microwave, dishes, and tableware for their convenience
- Free WIFI throughout
- Accessible suite with roll-in shower on first floor is available for those who cannot do stairs
- Flat-panel TV with 26 channels & Netflix in each room
- A non-smoking environment
- Accommodating Adults (ages 12+) traveling without pets
Outlaw Stories of the West
Bringing Sundance Home
View the rooms!
Lodging in a historic pioneer setting
The Torrey Schoolhouse B&B Inn provides lodging in a historic pioneer setting. The Inn was once the lifeblood of the whole county, including weekend dances, country bands, boxing matches, sometimes attended by local outlaws including Butch Cassidy. The Inn is close to hiking, biking, scenic trails, horseback riding, tours, and is the perfect base for your next National Park adventure! If you are planning a tour of Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, or Lake Powell, don't forget to include the diverse and spectacular Capitol Reef National Park on your route! A stay inTorrey to enjoy great food at award-winning restaurants, and to revive yourself with our Sharper Image rolling-action massage-recliners is a special treat. Come and relax and enjoy the historic elegance that awaits you at the Schoolhouse Bed and Breakfast Inn!
Convenient, comfortable & charming
Located in the heart of Torrey, Utah, the schoolhouse is only 5 miles from the entrance to Capitol Reef National Park. Dixie National Forest and Escalante Grand Staircase National Monument are less than an hour away. The historic Torrey Schoolhouse B&B is charming, comfortable and convenient to both Capitol Reef and in-town amenities. Providing delicious ORGANIC full hot breakfasts, the Schoolhouse Bed & Breakfast Inn is also the site of a wellness retreat for groups who book the entire place. It is truly where "Capitol Reef meets comfort!"